HOORAY! I was nominated for a Liebster Award yesterday by the lovely Michelle and Melissa, the blogging duo over at Popsicles & Pinatas. Michelle and Melissa are sisters with great inspiration for recipes and DIY projects, my personal favorite being this funky chalkboard sign.
What is the Liebster Award you ask? It’s a “to: a blogger; from: a blogger” award that is passed along amongst hardworking, witty, fantastic people who have unique ideas, take really great photos and write legit blog content. Oh, and to be eligible for the award your blog must have fewer than 200 followers. This is a really great way to share blog love and to introduce your blog followers to some of the people who you enjoy getting to know via the interweb.
I have to admit this is the second time a blogger has nominated me for this award. The first time I’d heard of it was when Alyssa over at Refind nominated me for the award back in September. Alyssa is an international financier turned luxury fashionista – a girl after my own “ditch the office job” heart. She posts about fashion, including tutus, and I like it.
This recent nomination reminded me that I needed to get myself into blogging gear because, unlike most awards that you graciously accept and display on your mantel or office wall or blog sidebar, the Liebster Award requires a bit of work. I guess it’s kinda like winning Miss America in a way. I feel so honored. Thanks ladies for the nod!
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
Do you see why it has taken me so long to do this?!? Because I have bills to pay, laundry to fold and some other very important things to do (that I will tell you about SOON!), I need to attack this Liebster Award in steps.
Today is About Me day, so here goes nothing:
1. I shamelessly buy almost all of my clothes at TJ Maxx. Maxinista baby! My style changes too often for me to spend a ton of $$ on clothes.
2. I pretty much hate golfing, but I go so I can take pictures of the course and bug my husband, Matt. I love hitting my driver, because the ball goes far. The rest of the game requires too much skill and patience for my liking.
3. I’m obsessed with Harry Potter. One week during law school I woke up every day before 5 a.m. so I could call in to the 96.1 Morning Freak Show (Pittsburgh) to win tickets to a pre-screening of The Goblet of Fire. I did win, by the way, and I took my cousins to see it.
4. At our wedding, we terrified our guests by serving them whole red snapper. This was not supposed to happen, but it was kinda funny when Matt’s little cousin was running around with the fish bones humming the Jaws theme after the best man’s toast.
5. I met Matt because we sat next to one another in Property class in law school. He will tell you that I sat next to him, which is true. I will tell you that he was sitting in the front row, like a nerd, and there were no seats left. The rest is history.
6. My mommy and I both got married in 2011 (April & November). This is us getting ready for my wedding, which was at the Southernmost House in Key West.
7. I was a libero for my college volleyball team.
8. Every year we watch the Conch Shell drop at Sloppy Joe’s in Key West to ring in the new year. We talk about how happy we are that we are dancing on Duval Street rather than freezing at Times Square. This is Abby, another BFF I met in law school. In this photo we are playing the part of “super hipster smart sassy lawyers who know how to party” while waiting for the Conch to drop.
9. I’ve danced on stage with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. More than once. Including at the Kennedy Center in DC, where security tried to stop it from happening.
10. I am NOT afraid to don a silly hat in public on non-special occasions. I wore a teeny, tiny top hat smaller than this one during my Alice in Wonderland-themed bridal shower. This is me and my Aunt Colleen, who is my second mom, in front of Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
11. I drive a blue Mini Cooper…sometimes really fast. It has a “Conch Life” sticker on the back because I’m hardcore.
Tune in sometime in the near future for me to finish my Liebster Awarding duties! Happy Friday all.