THE LEAVES are changing and I have DOTS stuck in my teeth, which can mean only one thing: Halloween is on its way! While I love me a good crafting project (like this fun little bottle of blood for your Halloween bar that I whipped up using an empty bottle of Maker’s Mark), sometimes life just gets in the way of your Halloween DIY dreams. For goodness’ sake, it’s hard enough to find time to carve a pumpkin nowadays. Spinning your own spider’s web Halloween wreath? Forget about it!
Since it’s the first day of October, I thought it extremely appropriate to feature a slew of spooky Etsy finds just in time for All Hallows’ Eve! Give yourself a break and leave some of the Halloween crafting up to the experts. Check out my favorite of the macabre, ghastly and chilling offered up on Etsy this month.
- This itsy, bitsy spider comes to us from The Dusty Raven Gallery. The barbed wire web would add a whimsical Halloween touch to the corner of a bookshelf, window or console table!
- A gorgeous, glossy cloche in a gothic color displays a pretty little pumpkin. The Speckled Dog has a collection of vintage and shabby chic decor fit for all seasons!
- TRWpainted brings us this goth print in a glossy distressed silver frame that could easily be swapped out with a family photo after the last apple’s been bobbed.
- Dress up a wall with this decal from Luxe Loft that will creep out your spider-fearing friends!
- Create a library of ghost stories to line your bookshelves with these ghoulish dust jackets from South House Boutique.
- Display Halloween finger foods at your Halloween soiree on this sophisticated and festive glass cake stand from E. Isabella Designs.
- This sweet pair of silhouettes of Frankenstein and his Bride from RedHedPrims will creep up any little nook or cranny of your home.
- Pennsylvania-based 2 Chicks & a Basket makes hand painted signs like this one featuring the Headless Horseman.
- A black and white wall decal by Vinyl Wall Accents inspired by Edvard Munch’s The Scream would add a scary surprise to the inside of a powder room door.
- This black distressed frame, also from TRWpainted, with bright red “bleeding” through at the corners would be the perfect addtion to a Halloween mantle.
- All dressed up for a birthday masquerade, these absolutely terrifying twins from Frighten would scare just about anyone. They remind me of The Shining and I literally may have a nightmare about them tonight.
- Circle Line Studio brings us this totally grotesque Manson-esqu vinyl wall decal that would be a truly shocking display on the mirror in your guest bathroom.
- If you don’t have time to draw up your own Halloween bar labels, turn to Blush Printables for a set of vintage-inspired labels for your poison, veritaserum and vampire’s blood!
- Bat garland! Genius! Hang this scary string of bats by Couture by Ayca from your doorways and window frames.
- Last but not least, BloominHappy 2009 offers up a sparkly skull planter with a little air plant poking out of his eye socket. Totally creepy and doesn’t require a green thumb to keep it alive!
I hope you all spend the month of October eating too much candy and finding the perfect Halloween costume!